Monday, June 21, 2010

CRAZY FOR LOVE by Victoira Dahl


CRAZY FOR LOVE

VICTORIA DAHL
Contemporary Romance
Harlequin
Sexy
ISBN #9780373774623
384 Pages
$7.99
Paperback Available July 2010

Rating 5 Enchantments

After her finance fakes his death to avoid marrying her, Chloe Turner is branded the worlds most heinous Bridezilla. For a bit of relief from the paparazzi, Chloe and her best friend Jenn escape to a quiet island get away.


World renowned treasure hunter Max Sullivan seeks to stay out of the limelight. Hoping for a peaceful vacation on a tranquil island, he agrees to go with his brother, Elliot, to help him learn how to sail.


When the two friends catch a glimpse of their hot island neighbors, they decide that an island fling is just what Chloe needs to regroup and relax. Max thinks that Chloe is an uncomplicated sweet girl, just right for an island affair. But can Max handle the media frenzy when Chloe's identity is discovered?

****

This book CRUSHES everything I have read so far this year, actually, it's the best book I've read in a very long time. I could NOT put it down once I started, I stayed up until 2am finishing CRAZY FOR LOVE. Victoria Dahl did a phenomenal job, creating intelligent, entertaining, passionate characters that I absolutely fell in love with. I laughed, I cried and I ended the book with a sigh of happiness.

Chloe was handed such a crappy hand by her ex-fiance and the media, but she was determined to ride it out. I loved the strength she showed to overcome her problems. Though her little break down, while not much for helping her cause, was funny, and a well-deserved stress reliever, it also made her very realistic...who wouldn't want to throw Chinese food at the paparazzi?!

Max was a manipulative control-freak, I know that sounds bad, but he did it because he had a major phobia of people getting hurt or ruining their lives, when he could have done something to prevent it, because of that, it was an endearing characteristic. Chloe saw right through him and wasn't afraid to call him out on it. I loved their sexy banter, their red hot passion and the emotional journey they took us on, as they both had things to resolve before their Happily Ever After. But, Max really ticked me off when he finally decided to stop being the savior of all, as he had terrible timing.

I liked Max's brother, Elliot, he was so sweet and deserved to find happiness. But I did not like Chloe's friend Jenn, I just couldn't agree with her actions. But then again, I happen to be a very blunt and upfront person, and in my opinion, secrets from you friends do nothing but hurt them, if you can't tell your best friend ANYthing, then you aren't being a good friend.

I can't wait until CRAZY FOR LOVE comes out in print, so that I can buy a copy for my keeper shelf and a couple copies for my friends, it was so good that I can't wait to share it! Also, I can't wait until August, when A LITTLE BIT WILD, Victoria Dahl's new historical series will be released.

Aemelia
Enchanting Reviewer
April 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...